One of the most famous public parks on the left bank. A good place to relax, read a book or walk around.
The park was originally owned by the duke of Luxembourg. Thanks to Queen Marie de Medicis (a descendant of the famous Italian family ), the widow of King Henri IV who decided to create this beautiful place beginning in 1612 as her new residence. In 1794, during the French Revolution, the palace served as a prison. Nowadays the building houses the French Senate.